Current employment opportunities
It is the policy of CMRT to provide equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law unrelated to the performance of the essential functions of the job being performed. This obligation to provide equal opportunity encompasses all phases of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, assignment, classification, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff and recall, and selection for training. Similarly, all salaries, wages, other compensation, insurance programs, and all other benefits or privileges of employment will be administered in conformity with this policy.
For more information and/or complaints:
Director of Technical Assistance
Central Maryland Regional Transit
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 100
Laurel, MD 20707
Email: [email protected]
To apply for a position listed here, please email and/or mail your résumé to the appropriate contact as listed within description. Send résumés and cover letters to CMRT Human Resources, 312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 100, Laurel, MD 20707 or [email protected].
CMRT seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented Part-Time Bookkeeper with experience in nonprofit accounting and financial reporting. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Program and Project Managers. The Bookkeeper will be responsible for the day-to-day financial duties as they relate to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and finance administration. This position will also provide support for grant and contract reporting. Hours are generally flexible, with the exception of some deadlines related to recurring transactions and grant requests for payment.
CMRT can provided a letter of in-kind donation of services for purposes of tax deduction.
Location and Amenities
- Transit accessible location within walking distance to convenience retail and restaurants
- Free parking available on site
- Training opportunities available at no cost
- Learn about and contribute to programmatic activities working within an entrepreneurial, environmentally conscience, and passionate team.
- Process accounts payable at least twice monthly.
- Process payroll twice monthly, including 401(k) contributions and commuter benefits.
- Process employee reimbursement checks monthly.
- Process all client and donor payments as needed.
- Record and manage prepaid expenses monthly.
- Record company credit card purchases and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Reconcile bank transactions regularly.
- Track in-kind revenue and expenses.
- Maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare financial reports for the Management Team and Board of Directors monthly.
- Prepare grant and contracts requests for payment quarterly or as requested.
- Assist in monitoring administration of expenses and adherence to budgets.
- Assist Management Team with the organization’s annual A-133 audit.
- Assist in developing program and organizational budgets.
- Assist with accounting and financial submissions in connection with grant applications and proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting, preferably in nonprofit accounting
- Entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
How To Apply: Please submit resume and optional cover letter to [email protected]